Three years after a massive earthquake in Mexico City, 20% of people haven't been paid by their insurance. So we built Súper. We pay people money when there is an earthquake. No adjusters, no negotiating, no deductibles. The stronger the earthquake, the more money you get. no bulls#!t.
We're well funded, backed by USA-based VCs. We have a cool product that people want and that respects the customer. We're chill people that have done this before, with extremely experienced executive and engineering teams.
You'll own the user experience for people that are buying our next-gen insurance. This entails:
- Revisiting our existing flows/ux and making them👌.
- Designing new features and quoting/checkout/dashboard flows for new insurance products.
- Creating styleguides and standardizing the look & feel of everything Súper.
- Basically, ensuring our user experience is world-class.
Why you should work at Súper
There's a lot that's good about working @ Súper, but a few things are particularly relevant for a design minded person:
- Súper is a fun, technical product to work with. It's not another e-commerce checkout flow. There's maps! Calculators! Animations! Charts! Science!
- Our engineering team is world-class and moves quickly. If you can think it, they can build it.
- You've worked in a design or UX capacity at a technology startup.
- Your colleagues consider you a senior designer.
- You have excellent taste and sense of style.
- You have a history of shipping wins.
- You're proficient with modern ux and prototyping tools.
- You have experience conducting user research, personas, etc.
- Fluent English.
- Ideally located in Mexico City but not required.
What we don't care about:
- We don't care about degrees or diplomas.
- No JS or CSS required.
You'll do well in this role if
- You enjoy difficult UX challenges. Our products are complicated behind the scenes, and it takes skill to simplify them for a lay audience.
- You like early-stage startups. You're excited to grow a product and you enjoy being embedded in a small, hard-working team.
What will your first 30/60/90 days at Súper look like?
First 30 days:
The goal for this month is for you to deeply understand our products so that you can come up with original insights on how to improve them.
We'll explore our products, how they work, and how they are performing. You should do a deep dive into our analytics to understand what's working and what's not.
You should identify a few easy, low-risk wins that we can ship this month.
We'll review problem/opportunity areas in our UX, and start to develop a roadmap for deeper or riskier design work.
Month two we'll pick a couple bigger problems that you want to tackle. This could be improving some of the more critical steps of our online flow, unifying our branding throughout the site, or designing for a new product/feature.
By the end of the month you should feel like you understand exactly where we can improve and we should begin to ship bigger things. We should have a clear roadmap of the next few months of design and engineering work.
By the end of month 3 you should have:
- Shipped a few small wins.
- Established ownership over our UX. It might not be what you want it to be... yet... but you know what it should be.
- You own a complete roadmap of design and UX work.
We pay top of market for México.
Honestly, is there a benefit that really matters to you? Just tell us. The answer is probably "yes" as long as you're getting stuff done. That being said:
- All of the benefits required by law (you'll be in "nómina")
- Flexible vacation.
- Very flexible about remote work (lol).
- Sponsored conferences if you're into that.
Interested? Please write me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org