Súper helps millions of Latin Americans buy their first insurance policy. We design super simple, super affordable, super easy to use insurance for people that (correctly!) don't trust the legacy insurance industry.
We're well funded, backed by highly regarded USA-based VCs. We have a cool product that people want and that respects the customer. We're a team of experienced founders and startup veterans who have done this before. This is a company that’s both a fun AND impactful place to work.
You will be the second product manager on our team responsible for defining and executing against our product roadmap. You’ll be working very closely with our design, engineering, sales, marketing, partnerships, and legal teams to make sure we build the very best products for our customers. You’ll get a lot of exposure to our CEO and work every day with our Head of Product. This is not one of those catch-22 product roles where you need prior product experience, both experienced and new product managers are welcome. Responsibilities and scope can be adjusted based on your level of experience. While this is not true for all our roles, for this role it's important to be fully bilingual speaker of Spanish and English.
- Your #1 responsibility is to understand our users deeply and make sure we’re building the best possible product we can for them
- You’ll spend a lot of time on feature definition and development, working with the design and engineering team to define what we’re building and getting it built on time
- There are plenty of exciting dimensions to this role but there’s also a lot of rote, insurance is a product category with a lot of details and edge cases that we need to get right. You'll need to get deep into the weeds on product definition and testing to make sure everything works as intended
- This is a highly cross-functional role so you’ll have to work with pretty much everyone in the company (and many people outside our company) in one form or another
- A passion for understanding users - you have to be excited to get up every day and try to get to know our users a little bit better.
- Data-driven - You love digging into the numbers to see what they have to tell you (though you also understand the limits of data).
- A growth mindset - you’re excited to learn and grow as our company does.
- An understanding of how technology products get built - you don’t need to be deeply technical or an experienced product manager, but you do need to understand enough of how the internet works to work closely with engineers every day.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and get things done when you have many different stakeholders to navigate and a lot of different dependencies to manage.
- Scrappy - you’re willing to roll up your sleeves to make sure the unglamorous work needed to launch a feature gets done.
- An eye for detail - you get the big picture but can also get granular when you need to. You don't mind spend a lot of time getting the small things right.
- Fully bilingual - you’ll need to be comfortable spending half your day in Spanish and the other half in English.
- You're an awesome coworker. We have a "no jerks" policy so... don't be one.
Nice to haves:
- Experience as part of a product team (as a PM, Engineer, or Designer)
- Familiarity with the insurance industry
- You can write some SQL
What we don't care about
- We don't care where you went to college or whether you have a fancy logo on your resume
- We don't care where you're located (though cultural familiarity with Latin America is important and you must be willing to work CST hours)
We pay tip-top of market for Mexico, and are competitive everywhere if you’re in another market. This position includes equity in Súper.
Honestly, is there a benefit that really matters to you? Just tell us. The answer is probably "yes" as long as you're getting stuff done. That being said:
- All of the benefits required by law (you'll be in "nómina")
- Health insurance
- Mandatory 4-weeks vacation per year.
- Sponsored conferences if you're into that.
Interested? Please write me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org